Meant for use within a ECS task which wants to spawn additional ECS tasks.
- Task definition uses networkMode "host"
- Security groups allow ECS cluster containers to talk to each other in the ephemeral port range
- Tasks have permission to execute "ecs:RunTask"
- Image which has julia, awscli, and this package installed
When a ECS task uses this manager there are several steps involved in setting up the new process. They are as follows:
- Open a TCP server on a random port in the ephemeral range and start listening (manager)
- Execute "ecs:RunTask" with a task defintion overrides which spawns julia and connects to the manager via TCP. Run the
start_workerfunction which will send the workers address and port to the manager via the TCP socket.
- The manager now knows the workers address and stops the TCP server.
- Using the address of the worker the manager connects to the worker like a typical cluster manager.