This package has some characteristics that make it attractive for teaching. Those characteristics are:
- the provided Homework: Modeling Exercise (and the on request available grading sheet) simplifies the preparation for teaching assistants and requires no upfront julia-knowledge of the students,
- the easy adaptation of many settings allows for interesting questions,
- input data is provided for multiple regions and years,
- the package is purely based on OpenSource code with no extra fees, and
- the programming language julia and the integrated time-series aggregation enables fast solving.
The package is used in the course:
- MS&E 394 - Advanced Methods in Modeling for Climate and Energy Policy at Stanford University